Site Content & Terms
Welcome to Castle Island Consignment (www.castleislandconsignment.com) herein also now referred to as “CIC”. Please note that your use of our Site establishes your agreement to fulfill the following terms: CIC reserves the right, at any time, to modify and update the Site Terms. If you do not agree to these terms, please do not use the CIC website.
Use of this website is solely for personal, non-commercial purposes only. CIC and all the contents contained within the site may not be modified, copied, distributed or reproduced in any way. Users should also not attempt to access password protected information that is personal or private to other users nor violate, damage, or perform any malicious act upon other users of this site with regard to their confidential information that is considered non-public and secured.
The quality and availability of merchandise may be available one day and then not on other; this being a consignment shop that is the downside. All items that are designer in nature have been verified as such unless otherwise stated. At its discretion, the CIC website reserves the right to limit the order quantity on any product to customers or cancel any order for any reason. CIC may refuse service to any customers that violate the terms of this website.
- The CIC website accepts orders 24 hours a day, every day of the week. Orders are processed in the order they are received. All orders are shipped from our location in Massachusetts via USPS. CIC ships to all 50 U.S. states, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands and follows the standard methods available by USPS.
- Please inquire as to international orders and shipping. This also includes orders that will go to Canada – as both international and Canadian orders have customs fees; which are an additional charge.
- Orders placed are usually processed and shipped within 2 business days from the time the order is placed. Orders placed from Friday to Sunday will be processed the following Monday and shipped within 48 hours.
- Orders WILL NOT BE SHIPPED TO PO BOXES or APO or FPO address. Orders that contain a different shipping address from billing address MAY be subject to review in which case the customer will need to be contacted. This can delay the shipping time. CIC.com cannot guarantee same day expedited shipping when an order is placed on hold for review.
- Any DESIGNER item that is over $250.00 will be sent certified /return receipt requested that is in addition to that particular address ‘shipping.
- All Prices are in U.S. Dollars
- Our on-line stores only takes PayPal and all modes of payment that will go through PayPal.
- All payments must clear through PayPal BEFORE an item is shipped no exceptions!
- CIC is not responsible for typographical errors in merchandise or pricing.
- Consignment Items posted “NEW”are “Brand NEW” most likely with tags attached to them.
- The NEW category listed on the consignment page is NEW items.
ALL ORDERS ARE FINAL SALE NO EXCEPTIONS: NO RETURNS
CIC values our customers and respects your privacy. We collect information about you through our Website. We may collect personal information from you, such as your name, email address, postal address, and phone number.
We may also need to contact you via telephone, email or postal mail with questions or information regarding your order for the following:
- To process and fulfill your order, which may include sending you emails to confirm your order status and shipment.
- To communicate with you and to send you information by email, postal mail, telephone, text message, or phone
regarding anything thing to do with your order.
- To help us address problems with and improve our site design, products and services
- To enhance your shopping experience on our website
- To protect the security or integrity of our Website and our business.
User Comments, Feedback and Other Submissions
Collected content such as comments, feedback, or suggestions provided to CIC by its users will be deemed as CIC’s property. CIC is under no obligation to keep public content in confidence or to respond to such feedback accordingly. Users will not be compensated for any piece of content, feature or function that they felt was their own original idea or suggestion. You, the user, agree that any comments submitted to CIC are not intended for commercial use and are for personal use only.
How do I know my personal information is secure?
We take precautions, including the use of encryption technologies and authentication tools, to protect the security of your personal information and to provide you with a safe and convenient shopping experience. We have in place certain physical, electronic, contractual, and managerial safeguards to protect the security and privacy of your personal information. When you enter your personal information on our Website, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to protect your information as it is transmitted to us. To make sure you are accessing our secure server before you submit personal financial information, look at the lower left-hand corner of your browser. If you see an unbroken key or a closed lock, depending upon your browser, then SSL is active. To double-check for security, look at the URL or Location line of your browser. If you have accessed a secure server, the first characters of the address in that line should change from “http” to “https.”
What is “phishing”?
When you view our Website, we may store some information on your computer’s hard drive. This information will be in the form of a “Cookie.” Cookies enable us to establish the shopping cart session and allow you to purchase items on-line at our Website. Most web browsers automatically accept Cookies, but you can change your browser setting to not accept Cookies. Without accepting a Cookie, you can browse through our Website, but you will be unable to establish a shopping cart session and make a purchase online.
This Website makes every effort to protect your online order information. All transactions are handled by PayPal and take place on their website and servers. PayPal is a trusted and secure source for online transactions, with world-class security and buyer purchase protection. Please visit PayPal.com here to review their policies and terms.